|Serie A Logo|
 Background Information
Serie A is the top division of Italian football. It was once regarded as the best league in the world, but after the recent match fixing scandal which saw champions Juventus relegated to Serie B, the league has fallen behind La Liga and the English Premiership. The divisions most successful team are Juventus, having been crowned champions 27 times, with AC Milan second with 17 titles. Just one behind AC are their Milan rivals Inter- generally seen as the best team in Italy at this time, having won 2 successive championships at the start of the game- although they were handed their first because of the match fixing scandal, and many claim they only won the second because of the absence of Juventus from the league, and AC Milan's points deduction. Despite the leagues recent decline, it still boasts world player of the year Kaka, as well as Gianluigi Buffon, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Francesco Totti, and Alessandro Del Piero. To add to that, the national team n the World Cup in 2006.
 League Information
1. There are 20 teams in Serie A at all times.
2. The first round of matches is in August, and the last is in May.
3. There are 38 games played, each team playing together twice. Once at home, and once away.
4. There are 3 points awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
5. At the end of the season, positions are decided in this order- points, head to head record, goal difference, goals scored
6. The 3 teams at the bottom of the league in May are relegated to Serie B.
7. The team who accumulate the most points, or a better head to head record come May, are declared champions.
8. You can name 7 subs during match day, with 3 allowed to be used.
9. Each team can sign only 1 non-European player each season
10. The top 4 teams in the league qualify for the champions league, 5th and 6th place qualify for the UEFA (EURO) Cup, and the team in 7th qualifies for the EURO Vase. However, these positions are subject to change depending on the winners of the Italian cups and champions league.
 The Teams
The 20 teams who are currently in Serie A are: