|Russian Premier League|
|Russian Premier League Logo|
 Background Information
The Russian Premeir League is the highest division of Russian football and was founded in 2001. The League before was named the Top Division.
 Recent Winners
2008 - Rubin Kazan
2007 - Zenit St. Petersburg
2006 - CSKA Moscow
2005 - CSKA Moscow
2004 - Lokomotiv Moscow
2003 - CSKA Moscow
2002 - Lokomotiv Moscow
2001 - Spartak Moscow
2000 - Spartak Moscow
1999 - Spartak Moscow
1998 - Spartak Moscow
 League Information
1. There are 16 teams in the Russian Premier League at all times.
2. The first round of matches is in March, and the last is in November.
3. There are 30 games played, each team playing together twice. Once at home, and once away.
4. There are 3 points awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
5. At the end of the season, positions are decided in this order- Games won, goal difference, head to head record, goals scored and away goals scored.
6. The 2 teams at the bottom of the league in November are relegated.
7. The team who accumulate the most points, or win more games come November, are declared champions.
8. You can name 7 subs during match day, with 3 allowed to be used.
9. The top 3 teams in the league qualify for the champions league
 The Teams
The 16 teams who are currently in the Russian Premier League are: