|Ligue 1 Logo|
 Background Information
The Ligue 1 is the highest division of French football and was founded in 1932. The League has been dominated recently by Lyon, who have won it 7 times in the past 8 years. The most successful team in the leagues history is A.S. Saint-Etienne who hold the record for most league wins, with 10.
 Recent Winners
2010 - Marseille
2009 - Bordeaux
2008 - Lyon
2007 - Lyon
2006 - Lyon
2005 - Lyon
2004 - Lyon
2003 - Lyon
2002 - Lyon
2001 - Nantes
2000 - Monaco
1999 - Bordeaux
 League Information
1. There are 20 teams in Ligue 1 at all times.
2. The first round of matches is in August, and the last is in May.
3. There are 38 games played, each team playing together twice. Once at home, and once away.
4. There are 3 points awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
5. At the end of the season, positions are decided in this order- points, goal difference, goals scored then head to head record
6. The 3 teams at the bottom of the league in May are relegated.
7. The team who accumulate the most points, or a better goal difference come May, are declared champions.
8. You can name 7 subs during match day, with 3 allowed to be used.
9. Maximum of 4 Non-EU players in the squad.
10. The top 3 teams in the league qualify for the champions league
 The Teams
The 20 teams who are currently in Ligue 1 are: