|Runners Up||Real Madrid|
 Background Information
La Liga is the highest division of Spanish football. The league is traditionally dominated by 2 superpowers- Barcelona and Real Madrid, who have won 49 titles between them. The last time one of those 2 clubs failed to win the title was during the 2003/04 season, when Valencia won the prize. The club with the 3rd most titles are Real's city rivals, Atletico Madrid, who have won 9 titles. Other winners include Valencia, Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Deportivo, Sevilla, and Real Betis. The league boasts talent such as Thierry Henry, Lionel Messi, David Villa, Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos, making it arguably the finest league in the world, with the Premiership its biggest rival. Legends of the game such as Alfredo Di Stefano, Luis Figo, Johann Cruyff and Rivaldo have also graced the division during their careers.
 League Information
1. There are 20 teams in La Liga at all times.
2. The first round of matches is in August, and the last is in May.
3. There are 38 games played, each team playing together twice. Once at home, and once away.
4. There are 3 points awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
5. At the end of the season, positions are decided in this order- points, head to head record, goal difference, goals scored
6. The 3 teams at the bottom of the league in May are relegated.
7. The team who accumulate the most points, or a better head to head record come May, are declared champions.
8. You can name 7 subs during match day, with 3 allowed to be used.
9. You can only register 25 players eligible to play.
10. Your match day squad can contain 3 non-European players at most
11. The top 4 teams in the league qualify for the champions league, 5th and 6th place qualify for the UEFA (EURO) Cup, and the team in 7th qualifies for the EURO Vase. However, these positions are subject to change depending on the winners of the Spanish cups and champions league.
 The Teams
The 20 teams who are currently in La Liga are:
 Past Winners
1999/00 - Deportivo La Coruna
2000/01 - Real Madrid
2001/02 - Valencia
2002/03 - Real Madrid
2003/04 - Valencia
2004/05 - Barcelona
2005/06 - Barcelona
2006/07 - Real Madrid
2007/08 - Real Madrid
2008/09 - Barcelona
2009/10 - Barcelona
Related Threads[League Discussion] La Liga - last post by @ Sep 25, 2011
La Liga Guide For Beginners- Final Product - last post by @ Mar 29, 2008
Wombat's Logo Packs - ** La Liga Pack Released!! ** - last post by @ Apr 27, 2008
La Liga Offline Competition - Transfer Window Open - Now Closing Monday Midnight - last post by @ Feb 2, 2009
No La Liga Prize Money ?!?! - last post by @ Mar 4, 2009