Jupiler Pro League
|Jupiler Pro League|
|Jupiler Pro League Logo|
 Background Information
The Jupiler Pro League is the top division in Belgium football. The league was first formed in 1895 and only started out with a total of seven teams, over the years this has increased to 18 however after the 2008/09 season this will go back down to 16. Since the 1940's the division has been won mainly by R.S.C. Anderlecht who have won it 29 time, despite this many other teams such as Club Brugge, Genk and more recently Standard Liège have won it proving that R.S.C. Anderlecht are not invincible.
 Past Winners
1992–93 - RSC Anderlecht
1993–94 - RSC Anderlecht
1994–95 - RSC Anderlecht
1995–96 - Club Brugge KV
1996–97 - K.Lierse SK
1997–98 - Club Brugge KV
1998–99 - KRC Genk
1999–00 - RSC Anderlecht
2000–01 - RSC Anderlecht
2001–02 - KRC Genk
2002–03 - Club Brugge KV
2003–04 - RSC Anderlecht
2004–05 - Club Brugge KV
2005–06 - RSC Anderlecht
2006–07 - RSC Anderlecht
2007–08 - Standard de Liège
 Championships Won
- 29 wins: R.S.C. Anderlecht
- 13 wins: Club Brugge
- 11 wins: R. Union Saint-Gilloise
- 9 wins: Standard Liège
- 7 wins: Beerschot
- 6 wins: Racing de Bruxelles
- 5 wins: Daring de Bruxelles, R.F.C. Liégeois
- 4 wins: R. Antwerp F.C., Y.R. K.V. Mechelen, K. Lierse S.K.
- 3 wins: Cercle Brugge K.S.V.
- 2 wins: K.S.K. Beveren, K.R.C. Genk
- 1 win: R.W.D. Molenbeek
 League Information
1. There are 18 teams in the Jupiler Pro League at all times but this will decrease to 16 after the 2008/09 season
2. The first round of matches is in August, and the last is in May.
3. There are 34 games played, each team playing together twice. Once at home, and once away.The total games played will drop to 30 after the 2008-09 season.
4. There are 3 points awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
5. At the end of the season, positions are decided on Points but If two teams have the same number of points, the one with the most wins is placed first
6. The team who accumulate the most points or greater wins are crowned champions at the end of the season. If the two teams at the top finish level on points and wins then a playoff is played to decide the winner. This is also how the relegation positions are dealt with if the same thing appears.
7. The team in 15th play relegation playoff matches against teams from the Second Divison
8. In a match day squad only four substitutions can be named with three being used, At least two U-21 players must be included plus six players trained in Belgium.
9. Teams are allowed to buy players from other clubs during the transfer windows. There are two of these , one beginning on July 1st and ending on August 31st. The other Starts January 1st and comes to a close on January 31st. Free transfers can be brought in between September 1st and December 31st
 The Teams
The 18 teams who are currently in the Premiership (as of the start of the 08/09 season) are:
Related Threads[League Guide] Pro League ~ Belgium - last post by @ Mar 13, 2009
Turning Pro in Semi-Pro League & Work Permits? - last post by @ Jul 6, 2012
Pro League Discussion - last post by AndyD_U @ Nov 12, 2010
Belgian Pro League. - last post by @ Apr 4, 2012