|Greenock Morton FC|
|Current Manager||Davie Irons|
|League||Scottish First Division|
Greenock Morton Football Club are currently playing in the Irn-Bru Scottish First Division. In 1874, they were founded as Morton Football Club but renamed to Greenock Morton FC in 1994 to celebrate its linkage to its hometown of Greenock.
 Background Information
Greenock Morton, or The Ton play at Cappielow Park. The stadium holds around 11,000 with 5741 seats. The Ton's most memorable moment came in 1922 when they beat Rangers 1-0 in the Scottish Cup final thanks to a goal from Jimmy Gourley. In the season 2007/08 Morton sacked manager Jim McInally after slipping to 9th and appointed former Gretna boss Davie Irons who had a run of wins at the seasons end to take Morton up to 8th and avoid the promotion/relegation play-off.
 2008/09 Squad
Attributes Based on FM 2008 patch 8.00 (Not all players at Morton on 8.00 patch)
Kevin Cuthbert - Joined from league rivals St Johnstone after his contract expired.
- Strengths - One on Ones (16) and Work Rate(16).
- Weaknesses - Flair (1) and Teamwork (1)
Colin Stewart - Released by Livingstons' new Italian owners and signed by Morton in May 2008.
- Strengths - Jumping (16) and Bravery (16)
- Weaknesses - Creativity (2)
Stewart Greacen - Signed from Livingston in 2003 and, at 24, is the club-captain.
- Strengths - Determination (17)
- Weaknesses - Finishing (3)
David MacGregor - Been at Morton since he joined as a youngster in the late 90's and played his first games in 2000.
- Strengths - Determination (14)
- Weaknesses- Long Shots (4)
- Strengths - Heading, Tackling, Strength & Composure (16)
- Weaknesses - Corners & Crossing (5)
Allan McManus - The former St Johnstone defender joined in July 2008.
- Strengths - Work Rate (17)
- Weaknesses - Corners (2)
- Stregnths - Influence & Work Rate (14)
- Weaknesses - Corners & Crossing (4)
Alex Walker - Joined from Rangers in 2005
- Strengths - Tackling (15)
- Weaknesses - Corners & Influence (6)
Chris Smith - The former Rangers youngster joined in the summer of 2008 and at Morton he had made his first professional league start.
- Strengths - Bravery (18)
- Weaknesses - Free Kicks, Long Shots, Technique, Flair & Creativity (4)
Kevin Finlayson - Joined on a bosman from Stranraer in June 2005.
- Strengths - Work Rate (20)
- Weaknesses - Corners, Free Kicks, Penalty Taking, Anticipation, Influence & Decisions (5)
Allan Jenkins - Signed from Gretna in Janaury 2008.
- Strengths - Agression & Natural Fitness (18)
- Weaknesses- Long Throws * Penalty Taking (4)
Ryan McGuffie - Signed from Gretna in January 2008.
- Strengths - Penalty Taking (19)
- Weaknesses - Corners (4)
Jim McAlister - Been at the club since 2002 when he was promoted to the senior side from the youth team.
- Strengths - Natural Fitness & Stamina (18)
- Weaknesses - Composure (4)
Eric Paartalu - The big Aussie signed in March 2008 after being released by Gretna.
- Strengths - Long Throws (18)
- Weaknesses - Flair & Influence (7)
Steven Masterton - Signed on a bosman from Clyde in the summer of 2008.
- Strengths - Free Kicks (18)
- Weaknesses - Penalty Taking (4)
Kieran McAnespie - Joined from Alloa in June 2007.
- Strengths - Pace & Determination (14)
- Weaknesses - Corners (3)
Jamie Stevenson - Signed from Alloa but has returned there on loan until December 2008.
- Strengths - Flair & Acceleration (15)
- Weaknesses - Long Throws (4)
Peter Weatherson- Came to Cappielow from league rivals Queen of the South in 2003.
- Strengths - Penalty Taking (17)
- Weaknesses - Concentration & Long Throws (5)
Brian Wake - Signed in January 2008 and helped keep Morton in the First Division by scoring 4 goals in the last 3 games
- Strengths - Team Work & Work Rate (20)
- Weaknesses - First Touch (2)
Iain Russel - Joined from Brechin in 2007
- Strengths - Finishing & Penalty Taking (16)
- Weaknesses - Marking (2)
- Strengths - Teamwork (14)
- Weaknesses - Long Throws (1)
James Grady - Currently on loan from Hamilton
- Strengths - Tackling, Work Rate & Determination (18)
- Weaknesses - Corners (3)
Brian Graham - A former youth squad member, now on loan to East Stirlingshire
- Strengths - Agression (17)
- Weaknesses - Long Throws, Marking, Tackling, Posistioning & Influence (3)
 FM 2008 Information
- Predicted Finish - 7th
- Transfer Budget - £35k
- Wage Budget - £31.5k
- Long Term - To establish Morton in the First Division
- Scottish Cup - Fifth Round
- League Cup - Third Round
- Challenge Cup - Third Round
Related Threads[Team Discussion] Greenock Morton - last post by @ Sep 17, 2011
Greenock Morton - We Are The Ton!!!(Team Discussion) - last post by spoony2oo6 @ Aug 12, 2009
Greenock Morton...... - last post by spoony2oo6 @ Jun 15, 2009
Going to start with Greenock Morton - last post by @ Aug 28, 2009
new game - greenock morton - last post by @ Jul 30, 2009