Background Information
The Dutch league was once considered one of the most powerful in the world. Ajax have won the European cup 4 teams (the joint 4th highest amount of wins), but have not lifted the trophy since 1995. But although the Amsterdamn club are usually the dominant force in Holland, in recent times they have been eclipsed by PSV Eindhoven, who have won 3 successive titles. Although their teams are no longer considered major players on the European scene, they are still capable of causing the occassional shock, such as PSV reaching the champions league semo-finals in 2005, only to lose in extra time to AC Milan.
 League Information
1. There are 18 teams in the Eredivisie at all times.
2. The first round of matches is in August, and the last is in April.
3. There are 34 games played, each team playing together twice. Once at home, and once away.
4. There are 3 points awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
5. At the end of the season, positions are decided on Points, Goal Difference, or Goals Scored.
6. The team at the bottom of the league in April are relegated, whilst the teams in 16th and 17th are forced to play a relegation play-off.
7. The team who accumulate the most points, or a greater goal difference, come April, are crowned Champions.
8. You can name 7 subs during match day, with 3 allowed to be used.
9. The team that finishes top of the league automatically qualify for the champions league. The teams that finish from 2-5th enter in a championa league play-off for the other place, whilst the teams that lose in the play-offs qualify for the UEFA cup. The teams from 6-9th also play-off for a place in the Intertoto Cup.
10. Teams are allowed to buy players from other clubs during the transfer windows. There are two of these , one beginning on January 1st and ending on February 1st. The other Starts July 1st and comes to a close on August 31st
11. Unlike most European leagues, in Holland there in no work permit rule, meaning teams can sign players from anywhere in the world without having to obtain a work permit.
 The Teams
The 18 teams who are currently in the Premiership are:
 Football Manager 2010 Transfer Budgets
|ADO Den Haag||£130k - £230k|
|Ajax||£4.3m - £5.25m|
|AZ||£425k - £575k|
|FC Groningen||£2.6m - £4.1m|
|FC Twente||£3m - £3.7m|
|FC Utrecht||£1.7m - £2.4m|
|Feyenoord||£1.7m - £2.5m|
|Heracles||£170k - £250k|
|NAC Breda||£1m - 1.5m|
|NEC||£130k - 210k|
|PSV||£2.6m - 2.9m|
|RKC||£12k - £16k|
|Roda JC||£250k - £475k|
|sc Heerenveen||£6m - £7m|
|Sparta||£70 - £110k|
|Vitesse||£140k - £210k|
|VVV||£65k - £100k|
|Willem II||£400k - £600k|
Related ThreadsEredivisie discussion - last post by @ Jun 21, 2010
Harries Dutch Revolution - Match 5 - last post by @ Sep 1, 2012
Eredivisie Discussion - last post by @ Apr 19, 2011
Eredivisie Discussion - last post by @ Feb 6, 2010
Eredivisie Discussion - last post by @ Jul 29, 2012