Background Information
The Bundesliga is the highest division of German football and was founded in 1963. Probably the biggest club in German history is Bayern Munich who have won the Bundesliga 20 times. In Football Manager the game is referred to as the German First Division
 Recent Winners
2009 - VfL Wolfsburg
2008 - Bayern Munich
2007 - Stuttgart
2006 - Bayern Munich
2005 - Bayern Munich
2004 - Werder Bremen
2003 - Bayern Munich
2002 - Borussia Dortmund
2001 - Bayern Munich
2000 - Bayern Munich
1999 - Bayern Munich
1998 - 1. FC Kaiserslautern
 League Information
1. There are 18 teams in Bundesliga at all times.
2. The first round of matches is in August, and the last is in May.
3. There are 34 games played, each team playing together twice. Once at home, and once away.
4. There are 3 points awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
5. At the end of the season, positions are decided in this order- points, goal difference, goals scored, head to head record and away goals scored
6. The 2 teams at the bottom of the league in May are relegated.
7. The team who accumulate the most points, or a better goal difference record come May, are declared champions.
8. You can name 7 subs during match day, with 3 allowed to be used.
9. You can register 99 players eligible to play.
10. The top 3 teams in the league qualify for the Champions League
 The Teams
The 18 teams who are currently in the Bundesliga are:
 Football Manager 2010 Transfer Budgets
|Freiburg||£425k - £725k|
|Gladbach||£875k - £1.4m|
|Hoffenheim||£1.7m - £2.7m|
|Koln||£1.7m - £2.8m|
|Leverkusen||£2.6m - £3.9m|
|Nurnberg||£650k - £1.2m|
|Stuttgart||£7m - £7.5m|
|Werder Bremen||£5.25m - £6.75m|
|Wolfsburg||£6m - £6.75m|